In 2013 the Donald W. Reynolds School of Journalism awarded more than $95,000 in scholarships to its top students thanks to the support of many donors.
Reynolds School of Journalism scholarship applicants, please note:
You must fill out BOTH the scholarship application in MyNEVADA at Student Center, Supplemental Forms, Scholarship Application prior to February 1 each year, and the RSJ scholarship application form. This application is not specific to any particular scholarship but places you in consideration for any RSJ scholarship for which you are eligible. To access the University of Nevada, Reno Scholarship Office form, please visit: http://www.finaid.unr.edu.
- Many of RSJ’s scholarships follow very specific donor requirements, so the information you provide here is very helpful to the faculty scholarship committee.
- Our scholarships are awarded to students who are declared journalism majors or pre-majors and are in good academic standing. Eligibility is limited to the semesters in which you are a FULL TIME student at UNR (12 undergraduate credits, 9 graduate credits). Community college credits and open enrollment Extended Studies credits do not count.
- We assume you will be attending school in both the Fall and Spring semesters in the next academic year unless you specify otherwise below.
- If you receive a journalism scholarship you are expected to write a thank you letter to the scholarship donor by the date stated on your award letter.
- Please note that due to the large number of applicants, notification will be sent only to those who are receiving awards.