Submit published work for a chance to win $600
The deadline to submit work for consideration for the Steve Martarano Best Published Article Award is approaching. The award recognizes the best work by a Reynolds School undergraduate or graduate student published, posted or broadcast in 2013. The winning entry will receive a check for $600 (net of taxes).
The award was established and is funded by class of 1979 alumnus, Steve Martarano. The Steve Martarano Best Published Article Award Endowment and will be awarded at the Reynolds School of Journalism’s Annual Savitt Awards Reception on April 29th.
1. The student must be a journalism major taking a minimum of nine regularly scheduled University of Nevada, Reno credit hours.
2. Undergraduate and graduate students may apply.
3. The student may not be a fulltime professional journalist; however, freelance work and writing produced during an internship may be submitted.
1. Stories produced and published in the 2013 calendar year are eligible. They may have appeared in print, broadcast or online.
2. Stories must have appeared in a scholastic or professional edited publication. Self-published stories are not eligible.
1. Stories must be submitted by students or by journalism faculty by April 1, 2014.
2. Students and faculty are limited to two entries.
3. To submit an entry:
A. Provide an original copy of the story.
- For print entries, provide the entire page showing the name and date of publication. Circle the story being submitted.
- For broadcast stories, provide a tape or CD of the broadcast, webcast or cablecast and indicate in writing which story is the submission.
- For online entries, provide a print out of the story and the URL. Online stories must still be available for viewing.
B. Attach a note to your entry that addresses the following: Type of entry (Print, Online, Broadcast, Webcast, Cable); Full name; Contact information; Number of credits enrolled in; Name of article; Date article was published; Name of publication(s) that it was published in.
C. Deliver the materials to the Dean’s Office (RSJ 301), third floor of the Reynolds School of Journalism. Mark entries “Attention: Martarano Award.”
*If you’re able to submit an original copy of the story electronically (i.e. via a URL), you may submit the above items to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Attention: Martarano Award.”